Sunday, April 30, 2006

Cute Madalyn Stories

I wanted to share some cute things ( at least we think they are cute!) Madalyn has said in the past couple of days.

I'll start with today and you might have to see the picture to actually understand but I will try and tell you anyways. :) We were at Bow Valley sitting in their fireside room and they have this picture of Jesus over the fireplace and it kind of looks like he has his head laying on a table with his arm up on top of his head. It is an interesting looking picture. Well, Madalyn looks at it and says, "Is that Jesus?" "Did he hurt his head?" It made me laugh! I might try to take a picture of it and post it so you really get the idea.

The other night we went to Steve and Rebecca's for dinner and then took the kids to Wendy's to get dessert. Madalyn says to Sydney, "We're going to Wendy's house for chocolate ice cream"! While we were there the three of them (Aiden,Sydney, & Madalyn) were doing some great knock knock jokes that they would just make up. It reminded me of our "folks" we used to live with in Abilene. :)

The other day while I was gone to the gym. Madalyn and Malcolm were home together and he was fixing her some lunch and asked her what she wanted to have and she said," Strawberries"! Malcolm told her that we didn't have any strawberries (mostly because he wanted her to eat a sandwich or something first) and Madalyn goes ripping over to the fridge while yelling "YES WE DO!" while pulling and yanking to get the fridge door open. Malcolm distracts her and starts to make her a bagel. A bit later he opens the fridge to get the butter and she runs into the kitchen and looks in the open fridge, and with her hands over her head while looking at the strawberries she says, "Tah Dah"!!!!!!

We have had a good and relaxing weekend so far! I got a lot of cleaning done on Friday and should try and finish up today but I have not started packing yet! My goal is by tomorrow evening to go through all of Madalyn's clothes pack up and store all of her winter clothes and go through all of her toys to get rid of the ones we don't want or we need to store for the next baby. Lots of work to do to get ready!!! I hope this is my last move for a while! Since I left home for college I have not lived in one place for more than three years! It is time to feel some what settled. I know, I know we rarely know what is going to happen to where we have to move or something but for me just going into this new house without having plans to move in the distant future feels great!!!!

It is cold and rainy here. I think I will go take a nap!

1 comment:

Stacey Sparshu Miller said...

I'm glad you're back blogging and sharing stories. It makes me smile! See you tomorrow!