Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Well, yesterday was Canadian Thanksgiving and we had a great time at Steve and Rebecca's. We had a wonderful meal and fun visiting with friends and family. I forgot my camera so I don't have any pictures to post! :( I like celebrating two Thanksgivings. We get three turkey dinners for three consecutive months (including Christmas) and it is always good to be thankful so I highly recommend it! It is probably not good for the waistline but oh well! ;) I am hoping to have a big dinner to celebrate American Thanksgiving with some american friends here but anyone is invited. The more the merrier! I have never really cooked a turkey before (without my mom helping me) so it should be an adventure! I am thankful I am in a mixed marriage! :)

I have a cute Madalyn story to share. Yesterday, Madalyn found some of Malcolm's mints on his bedside table and she asked me if she could have one. I couldn't really see them so I asked her what they were and she said, " a Tic-Toc". It took me a minute to figure out what she meant. They were Tic-Tacs. It made me laugh!

I had better go and try and get everything done that I need to today. We are leaving on Thursday to go to Regina for Malcolm's Dad's retirement party. It should be lots of fun and I am really excited! Next time I blog I will post some pictures!

5 comments:

Kara Deal said...

Hey! I am so glad you posted something! I have really been missing my sister! Today I wore my Alberts Shirt that I got at Old Navy, and I thought, oh, I mis my sister. Then I watched a little of the Days of Our Lives before I left for work today (haven't seen that on FOREVER!) and it made me think of you. Remember when we use to watch it after school? I miss my sister! Christmas can't get here any faster!

Love you! Kakes

Suzanne said...

Hey Kakes!
I miss you too!

Char said...

Hi Suzanne - I met you at Bonnie's wedding - I went to Western with Malcolm and lived with Heather for my university years ...

I am part of a music group called All 4 One and we are performing this Sunday, Oct 22nd in Calgary, at Bethany Chapel (3333 Richardson Way) at an event called Hymn Tyme, during the evening. I am going to give Heather a call too and let her know ... just thought it might be fun to say hi to old friends ... hope you get this message ...

Charlotte Peters

9:16 AM

Anonymous said...

Hey Suzanne:

I just found your blog - how are you all? and what did you do with the baby that I saw you with in Regina? Looks like you've traded her for a little girl! I can't believe it - she has grown up so much. I'm sure Grandma Carolyn doesn't see enough of her, right?

We are now back in Victoria - ahhhhhhh. The snow was just a little too much for us - now we just have good ole rain! I believe I saw Noah just yesterday!

So good to hear you all are doing okay. I've got turkey cooking hints for you if you would like - nice and moist.

God bless - Dan and Fay

Suzanne said...

Hi Fay!
Thanks for leaving a comment! I would love some turkey cooking hints! When did you guys move back to Victoria? I hope it has been a good move for your family (how could beautiful Victoria not be?) and that you are all doing well!
Love, Suzanne