Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I DO have pictures on my camera!

The past few weeks I have been under the assumption that I did not have any pictures on my camera I could blog about. I looked the other day and I was so wrong! There have been Valentines Day gifts and cakes and friends over and just everyday cuteness of my kids on there all of this time. I knew I did not have pictures of the "bigger"events like Madalyn's school party so I have been neglecting the blog. So Sorry and here are some Valentines pictures of Madalyn and one of her in her butterfly dance outfit just for Auntie KK. :)

Butterfly dance outfit from Auntie KK, Uncle Lukie and Lilly

One of her V-Day presents


Cake we made together for Valentines Day since we did not make heart cookies. :( Too tempting for Mommy and Daddy who are trying to eat healthy.


Did you know that today is Ash Wednesday? I have never really fully participated in Lent before but I have decided to this year. I am not going to read any blogs for the 40 days. I have decided that I can update my own blog so I don't get so far behind but I am not going to sit in front of the computer and mindlessly read blogs for hours on end. I think this has sort of turned into an unhealthy habit for me. I am not saying reading blogs is bad at all. I love it and I think I will after Lent but I just felt lead to use this time to draw closer to God and give up something that means a lot to me right now. I am writing it on here and telling you so I can have some accountability. So, if you see or talk to me ask me how I am doing. :)

I have more cute pictures so I will update again soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the picture! We love it!

And thanks for the reminder about Ash Wednesday... I think the not reading blogs will be a good break for you. HArd, very hard... but what a great time that is set aside now for God! I pray HE blesses you in your time together.

Love you!
Kara

p.s. Reading my blog is really just checking in on family... never mind. I want to encourage you, not distract you... so... I was just teasing. yeah... just teasing! :P

Kaydub said...

Yeah, for me I've turned off the radio in the car for Lent. The silence is killing me ... but more and more I find myself singing or noticing the world around me (It's quite beautiful) or simply absorbing silence! It's glorious.

Kara Deal said...

Ummm... lent is over! Or are you waiting until lent is over NEXT YEAR?????