Thursday, September 04, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten

Today has been a really great day! Madalyn's first day of kindergarten I would say was a roaring success! We had a good morning preparing for the big afternoon and she was the 2nd one to arrive and I am hoping we can make this a habit instead of rushing so we are not late. :) Madalyn went in and hung up her backpack and put on her inside shoes and then hugged me and said that I could go. I was shocked but started to leave (as more kids and parents start to arrive) but then she got a little nervous and would not let me go and started crying. She has a very sweet teacher who came over and talked to her and then took her to look at something so I left. I knew she would love it if she would just stay and give it a try. When I went to pick her up she is so happy and on cloud nine telling me everything about her day. She said, "I love school"! I asked her what her favorite part of the day was and she said when she got to frost, decorate and eat a bear cookie. She also told me about a puppy puppet that made her smile when she was sad and then the puppet (she said a name I can't remember) asked her at the end of the day if she liked her day at school she said yes. She said her teacher is really nice and she really likes her. I asked her if they learned any rules she said hers was listen to the teacher. She must have raised her hand and said that or something. On the way home she told me that she did not want me to leave because she did not know that her teacher was going to stay there and she did not want to be alone in the class in case her teacher went camping or something. Funny girl! Never really know what is going on in that little mind of hers. We came home and I started dinner(her fav - taco salad) and she got to play outside a little bit with her friends. Daddy came home and we had dinner and then we all went for a treat to Dairy Queen. It was a fun and memorable first day of school. Memorable too because Daddy came home with a nice (and big) surprise! See picture below.
On the front porch ready to go
New backpack
Walking big sister to school
Her very sweet teacher
Having ice cream with Daddy and Connor
Ice Cream
Our big surprise that Daddy brought home. Yay! We LOVE it!

Side note: Malcolm did not just go out and buy a van today. Getting this van has been in the works we just did not know when it would happen and I had no idea it would happen today. So it was a fun surprise!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Congrats on the new van! It's beautiful, I really dig the color. Now you can be more of a mini van/sports car driver in that shade of red! :)

Congrats on a great first day of school too! Madalyn looked so cute i her bufferfly shirt(remember when she use to say it like that?)!

So, I love you and all that jazz. Kiss the fam.
KK

Anonymous said...

Malcolm looks skinny-winny! Tell him to quit making us all look so bad! Just teasing. I'm really proud of him!

I now have to go run a hundred miles! :P
kk

Anonymous said...

I Love the new Van so Red and soooo Preeeety.

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear madalyn is enjoying kindergarten. That is wonderful! Give her a big hug from Aunty Ellen! Love to Connor and you two as well.

Suzanne said...

Thanks Aunty Ellen! I had no idea you read my blog. I am so glad you do! Hope all is well!