Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Meeting Her Teacher

We had a great morning meeting Madalyn's teacher and seeing her classroom. I really like her teacher and think it is going to be a great start to her school career. I didn't get a picture of her with her teacher but I will be sure to get one on Thursday(her first official day). I got to look at the class list and we found out that a little girl she liked to play with (and another little boy)who were on her soccer team are both in her class and then a little girl from her preschool last year. Madalyn was excited to hear that they were in her class too. I have always wanted to be really involved and a part of things when my kids started school so I bit the bullet and signed up to be the Special Event Co-ordinator. This is stepping outside of my comfort zone but I know I will be happy I did it later. I always think that some other mom could do a much better job than I could (which is probably true) but no one else had signed up yet so now they are stuck with me. When I was growing up I think I would have been called the Room Mom. I have to make sure we have enough food and things for any parties throughout the year and volunteers for field trips. I am giving myself an anxiety attack just thinking about it because sometimes I don't feel like the most organized person in the world but I know that I CAN do this! I will be praying a lot that the Lord will guide me through this and I can meet some people and make some friends along the way. I will update again on Thursday.

Walking to the school
Sitting in her assigned seat
She really liked the puppets and puppet show station
Out in front of her school. She really did not want me to take a picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, how sweet she looks in her pink! I love her little personality. And I can't wait for ya'll to come to Amarillo so she can play with our huge puppets here!

Love you. KK

Anonymous said...

You will be the best room Mother in the world.
Just dream up what you want the party to be like and tell all the other Mothers what to do. It is the best of both worlds you get to0 be at the party and all the other Mothers do the work.....Sounds good....