Saturday, April 28, 2007

Madalyn's 4th Birthday

For family and friends who could not be here for the party here are some pictures for you to enjoy! They did not post on here in the order I wanted but hopefully you will get the idea. We had a fun princess party and then a BBQ afterwards with friends and fam.

I searched online for a cake I thought I could make and found this castle one which I think turned out pretty cute. It was super easy! It is just two rectangle cakes with a square and five cupcakes on top with sugar cones on top of the cupcakes. We had a lot of cake leftover! :)
Daddy and Papa did a great job of putting up the decorations! Their feminine decorating side came out! I was quite impressed!
This is where the pictures are out of order. This was earlier in the week at preschool where they sang to her and I brought some cupcakes made in cones. They looked cute but the kids probably would have rather had just regular, plain old cupcakes!

We played Kiss the Prince at her party! Like Pin the Tail on the Donkey but with bright pink lipstick and their lips! :) This was the favorite game. No more kissing princes until they get married!

When the girls came in we put a little blush and lipstick on them and painted their nails light pink! I hope all the parents didn't mind that we put on makeup and tried to kiss a prince! :)
Nan and Madalyn waiting for her friends to come to her party. We had a little time to rest before the party started after all the rushing around trying to get ready!

Two pretty princesses playing outside in their beautiful dresses and runners. :) I thought it was cute!
Madalyn got a dress just like Sydney's as one of her presents and she HAD to put it on right away! She was SO happy! They were cute playing Freeze Dance together!
They made princess wands for a little craft.
Beautiful girls!
Playing Hot Slipper. Like Hot Potato but with Cinderella's glass slipper. I think all the girls had a fun time and I know that Madalyn did! I had lots of fun planning it with some great ideas from different websites! The Internet is a lovely thing for people like me who need lots of help with ideas for things like this! I will be posting more soon because we have had a busy week and topped it all off with her ballet recital today!

6 comments:

Stacey Sparshu Miller said...

kiss the prince..sounds like a fun game...can I play? ;)

Kara Deal said...

oh, what a sweet party for a sweet girl!

I love you and miss ya'll like crazy!

Unknown said...

That looks so sweet! I'll bet that Gina would LOVE the dresses, she was always a sucker for a princess dress. I may not be a sucker for a princess dress, but I can recognize a lot of hard work when I see it.

Unknown said...

Ty's got me pegged. I would STILL wear dresses like that if I thought I could get away with it.

Madalyn is so darn cute! Such pretty eyes--and I can tell her personality is cute too.

I bet you're excited that your sissy is preggers! I know I am, and she's not even my sis--well, not technically, anyway. (I'd adopt your whole family in a heartbeat, though.)

Still waiting for those recital pictures! =) (Like I get to nag--it took me almost 2 months to get Bennett's pictures loaded to my Flickr account!)

Anna said...

looks like an awesome day! You did amazing on the theme Suzanne - WOW! Miss you guys like crazy, lloking forward to seeing you when you're back from your trip. Hope the reunion's fun and we'll talk soon : )

Annemarie

Luk and Holly said...

How cute and sweet are all those pics! Sorry this comment is way late, but happy birthday to the little cutie!! Thanks so much for posting so many pics and keeping us updated. We love you guys and miss you! And those princess ideas and games are just too fun! Toodles!
In Him-- Holly