Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Creamy Chicken Salad

When I read other blogs I love it when they share a new recipe they have found and like so I made (a new to me) chicken salad the other day that is very yummy and thought I would share it with you.

Creamy Chicken Salad

2 cups cooked chicken breast
1 cup cooked ring pasta
1 cup halved seedless red grapes
1 can (11 ounce) mandarin oranges, drained
3 celery ribs, chopped
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 tablespoon grated onion
1 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
1 cup light whipped topping
1/4 teaspoon salt

In a bowl, combine the chicken, pasta, grapes, oranges, celery, almonds and onion.

In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, whipped topping and salt. Add to chicken mixture; stir to coat. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired.

Yield: 6 servings
1 cup equals 261 calories

We bought a new camera so I have some soccer pictures to post when I figure out how to load them onto our computer. It should be the same I just have not taken the time to do it! :) Tonight Madalyn has another soccer game that Malcolm will coach before he has to rush off to worship team practice while Connor and I will be at a kindergarten meeting at the school. So it begins the busyness that comes with having school aged kids. It seems for us that all of our activities (the few we are in) seem to fall on the same night. I am excited to hear what they have to tell us about what kindergarten will be like for Madalyn next year. A part of me doesn't want her to go but I mostly am excited for her.

I better go! Crying baby!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy! I can't wait to go to your house and try it! :)

Love ya, and I can't believe Madalyn is that big now! YIKES!

kk