Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Concert and Cookies

Trying to get Connor to hold a cookie cutter for my picture. His fav thing to do while we were all making cookies - drop the cookie cutters on the floor. :)
Our Moms group (that meets every Thursday morning) made Christmas cookies together today. It was messy but fun!

We made sugar cookies one day at home when it was FREEZING outside. I love Madalyn in these pjs! She got them for Christmas last year and they were way too big but fit great this year.

I did not realize that this picture is so blurry. It is the best one we have of her performing. In the video you will see her come in late with another girl. She tells the parent volunteer like two minutes before they start that she has to go to the bathroom. She missed the whole first part of the song! lol What a girl. :)

We are heading to Portland for Christmas with my family on Monday. I will be so happy when we are in the van and on our way because that will mean that I have completed my to do list! Wow! So many activities and things to get ready for that it makes me tired but they are all really fun. The weather has made it hard for me to get stuff done away from home too. I don't like driving on the roads and being out in such cold weather dragging the kids everywhere. The other night I ventured out on my own intending to get a few things crossed off my list. The roads weren't great but okay and I was half way to my destination and had to turn around because I left my wallet at home. I just stayed home after that and Malcolm did one of my errands for me the next day. Oh well! Such is life in the great white north. :) Malcolm does not like it when I call it that because this is really not the great white north but where I am from it is! ;)

I don't know if I will blog while we are gone but I am going to try because then it won't be so overwhelming when I get back. In case you haven't noticed I basically blog about the pictures that are on my camera. I think that is a good way to update on what we have been up to and show recent pictures of the kids. Which is the main purpose of this blog. So there you go - nothing to deep or enlightening here! :) Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing them.
Did you read Tammy's comment on FB about Harley stepping on a metal cookie cutter?? He almost cut off 2 toes and had 17 stitches - yikes! Just made me think of that when you said Connor was throwing them on the floor, I had no idea they could be so sharp! ACK! Glad nothing happened though. OK now this is feeling inappropriate to share, ha!!

Hope you have a great trip, I agree about the stircrazy thing, I have been going a bit nuts this week too. Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh, your kiddo's are cute... but I think I might need to start using a different word... I feel like I post that same word every time I comment on your blog. So now your kids are "inspiring" and this really means they are cute!

What inspiring children you have!

Yes, I think I like the ring of that. Can't wait to see you! Have fun to-doing on your to do list! Don't stress... we'll figure it all out! LOVE YOU! *KK

Anonymous said...

Suzanne,
Hi there... it's Jody. Been a while, huh? I accidentally posted a comment on one of your March 2007photos. NOT very good with this blogging thing yet. I have a blogsite for our family @ www.thegranquistfamily.blogspot.com
Charlie and I have been grieving over the loss of Gary and I have been thinking a lot about my friendships at the time in Federal Way. What great memories. I would love to talk to you, email or phone. Hope you, Malcom and the babies are doing well and had a merry Christmas today.
Love,
Jody
email: dawgncat2001@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I just realized that your little Connor and my Gracie are about two months apart!! Wow... we have some catching up to do.
Love,
J