Monday, December 01, 2008

Jingle Bells and More

Wow! Where did November go? Time seems to just be flying by on me. My sweet little boy turned 11 months old last Friday! He is just growing up way too fast. He is babling all the time now and is still just so sweet and easy going. He can walk behind something while pushing it but is not very interested in doing it on his own yet. I will miss the pat, pat, pat of his little chubby hands on the floor while crawling when he starts walking. It is such a sweet little sound. :-)

So, we had a fun November. Journey had a retreat out at this camp with all kinds of fun stuff to do like pony rides and archery. It was just a 24 hour thing so it was quick but fun. I had piles of laundry to do when we got home because of all the bedding and everything we had to take for the night but it was worth it. Madalyn had a great time with her friends and cried when we got home because she missed Cheetah the pony she got to ride.

We also made a day trip to Medicine Hat with Heather to go meet baby Canyon. It was a fun day! Madalyn always has a great time with cousin Ronan and it is always a fun time at Auntie B and Uncle Todd's house. I really would like to steal their new eliptical trainer.Canyon is so tiny and sweet. Man, you forget how small they are right after birth. In the video you can see the little jingle bell jam session that we had while there. It was so cute and I am so glad that I got it on video. I think Madalyn is keeping the beat pretty well. Doesn't Auntie B look great for just having a baby a couple of weeks before?! I was not doing that well and I did not any of the complexities that she did. Wow! Way to go!

We are getting into the swing of Christmas today. Decorating our tree, house and getting the lights up outside. Madalyn is loving it! Tonight we will have a family movie night and watch Miracle on 34th Street (my favorite). I am trying to start some traditions for our family so if you would like to share some of yours with me it would be much appreciated. I love hearing what other people like to do and maybe steal some too. ;-) Happy 1st of December!

Riding Cheetah at our church retreat
First snow in November! Yay! Last year it was middle of October.
Sweetest Boy Ever
Archery with Daddy at the retreat
Friends
Sister got him again! Red is a good color for him though!
Playing blocks with Daddy

Meeting baby Canyon for the first time. He is very sweet!
My big boy in a cute little chair. I think he might be getting one of these for Christmas.

3 comments:

Kara Deal said...

What a purdy family! Looks like everyone is doing well!!! Cute kiddo's, hug 'em fur me!

We bloged on the same day. We must be twins... or sister's at least!

Love ya, KK

Bonnie said...

Thanks for posting all those, and the video was fun to watch, craziness. Ronan enjoyed watching it too, singing along. Too bad we didn't get Connor on the xylophone on video too.
And, if I recall you were doing much more than me by now after having Connor!! But thanks for the sweet comments, we had such a great day having you guys here.
P.S. Apologize to Malcolm for me about that last note of mine, oy, haha.

Craig,Leah,Lena said...

hey Suzanne! i found your blog again! and what a blog to find. how fun to hear Bon and Mac singing and playing. now they can have their own little group with the kiddos.
happy december!