Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Papa



Today is my Dad's birthday and I want to wish him a very special day. I wish we lived close enough that we could celebrate with him. We did have a fun (but not long enough) time when we lived in Abilene and they were living in Dallas that we could go for the weekend to celebrate with him and could see them quite often. I am glad that we had that time.

My dad is such a giving and loving person. He is always using his gifts to bless and encourage others. Whenever I call their house these days he is always out to lunch with someone being a listening ear. I have watched and learned from him what service to others is by all of the time, love and energy both of my parents have given to the youth groups in our church. Thank you for showing me how to love others and be Jesus' hands and feet!

Dad, you are such a great Papa and my kids are so blessed to have you. I am thankful for the way that you play with them and make them feel so special. I love how you notice all of the cute, funny things that they do and laugh and think that they are they cutest, smartest kids ever. Which they are! Ha! Ha! :) I have been so blessed to have you as my Dad! I love you!

Suzanne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remenber in Dallas ya ll waited at the McDonalds for us to get home so you could surprise Dad for his Birt day so fun...I am thankful for that time.
I loved your post it made me smile thank you for seeing good things..
M.

Anonymous said...

GREAT POST! Hi IS an awesome Dad and Papa! I coudn't have said it better!

Love you Xana Dana!
KK

Kaydub said...

Amen, Xana! Your parents have been such special friends to us from the moment y'all landed in Vancouver! (And you and Kara ain't half-bad either!)
'Love you!