Monday, January 19, 2009

Some Pictures and Update on my Sweet One Year Old!





Sweet Connor turned one on December 28th! We had a little party with Lilly, Auntie KK, Nan and Papa had a great time. I don't think I ever put down on here that when we lit the candle on the cupcake Connor swiped his hand through it and burned it a little bit. He cried for a little while but i think it scared him more than hurt him. It never got really red or anything and he was using it pretty soon afterward. I am planning a little family party for him while Grandma and Grandpa are here so that should be fun too!

I took him for his shots last week and he did really well! I don't know why but they don't do them in the leg after they turn one. He does great when done int he leg because his thighs are so thick he does not even feel them. He did great with them in the arm too but I could tell it hurt him a little more. :( He weights 25 pounds and I can't remember his height at the moment but he is in the 50%tile. He is in the 80%tile in weight and 60%tile for head size. All in all she said he is doing well and she does not have any concerns. Connor likes to eat and he loves bananas, carrots, peas, apple sauce, yogurt, avacados, and my pancakes with no syrup. He is jabbering up a storm these days and even if he is not in his rocking chair he will just randomly start rocking back and forth singing the Rocking song. SO Sweet! He is understanding the word no when we tell him not to crawl up the stairs. He has learned to go down them backwards (which is really cute) but it makes me really nervous with our steep stairs and tile at the bottom. He will start to cry but will come down. He doesn't like it but he listens and obeys. Welcome to dealing with this for the rest of your life! :) Wow! Submitting our will happens from the very beginning! I really learn a lot as a parent about my relationship with God. He still says Daddy the most and mama sometimes. He really is just a happy, easy going little boy.

Our sweet girl is such a great big sister and it is so fun watching them kind of start playing together. She just updated Madalyn.com with a craft idea so go check it out. That's all for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE! I saw this on Madalyn's blog yesterday! Good switch-a-roo! :) Love you, cute family!

KK