Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Go Flames!





























Our sweet friends Wayne and Annemarie took us to a Flames game on Saturday night. This was my first NHL hockey game and it was lots of fun! When my family first moved to the Portland, OR area My friends took me to a Winterhawks game and I thought we were at an NHL game! I thought the guys playing looked SO young! It makes me laugh now that I am living in Hockey country. I never would have guessed that this girl who grew up in San Antonio, TX, went to a junior hockey game and thought it was the Big League would be becoming a hockey fan for the BEST hockey team! ;) Go Flames! We did not win this game but I have hopes to go to more games and cheer them on to victory! The game was fun but Annemarie said the crowd was pretty tame and not into it as much as normal. Annemarie and I were talking (which we did almost the whole time) when the Flames scored the first goal and I missed it so I quickly learned how to talk and watch the game. :) I had a good laugh at the scantily clad girls who would come out and shovel the ice. PLEEEASE!! Give me a break! I guess it is at almost all major sporting events now. I don't think I have seen any at a MLB game though. The cute little bat boys better watch out or they might not have a job soon! :) It was a great first time experience. Thanks Annemarie and Wayne!

2 comments:

Anna said...

You're welcome!
Keep your fingers crossed for a Playoff game!!!

Anonymous said...

I love going to hockey games too! I love it when they fight! But you are lucky to go to a real game. We just go to the
"GOOO-Rillas!" But the Gorilla's are Cheap!

Love you! Can't wait to see you! Four weeks and counting!