Monday, April 28, 2008

Madalyn turns 5

Update - I wrote this last weekend but wanted to go ahead and post it with the pictures. The weather here has improved greatly! The sun is shining and it is a little cool. Just how Spring should be!

My sweet baby girl turned five on Friday. I can't believe that she will go to Kindergarten in the Fall. I don't think I am ready! :) We had her party yesterday and everyone seemed to have a good time. I don't think this one was as good as some of her other parties that I have planned. I just did not feel as prepared and we had like twenty minutes at the end to fill up with something because I did not have everything I needed for the craft. I was planning to pick it up on Friday or Saturday morning BUT who knew the weather was going to be so horrible. It feels and looks like winter in the middle of April! Where are we living? I was tired of winter and snow in January so this is WAY beyond what I can take! We got up super early to go in to church with Malcolm so I would not have to drive on the roads but Malcolm turned around not too far out of Langdon to take us back home. He of course still had to go but I was (and Madalyn after a little crying) happy to put my PJs back on and watch Bee Movie snuggled up on the couch. :)

Here are some pictures from the party. In some of the pictures you can see all of the snow outside!


We played some dance freeze
Madalyn came up with a game - Toss the bracelet in the bucket.
Opening presents

Look at all of the snow we have in the middle of April!
I painted all of their fingernails a light pink
Showing off their nails
Time for cake!
I could not find my tips to help me write with the icing. I don't really like that part of the cake but the rest turned out pretty cute. Thanks to my mom for her ideas! I found my tips after I did this! I think everyone had a good time and Madalyn said she did and that is all that really matters in the end I guess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun party! Wish I could have been there! Tell Madalyn that her game idea sounds like a blast and I can't wait for her to teach me how to play!

Love you, and I am glad the weather is nicer now.

AND I LOVE THE BLOG NAME! Laughed out loud a whole lot.
KK

The Best's said...

5 Posts in the month of April and the month isn't even over! I think this may be a record! So glad you are posting again! And love the new name!