Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Soccer

Madalyn had her first soccer game tonight. It was so cute to watch although I feel like I missed half of it because I was trying to get organized and find all of the other parents. Malcolm is the coach and I am his administrative assistant. We are rookies and it kind of shows but it has been fun and we are meeting/getting to know people in our community which is a good thing. :) Madalyn did really well for her first game. On the way to the game I was trying to tell her some of the basics of the game ( I realized she knew nothing) telling her that she wanted to try and kick the ball into the other teams net and that if the other team had the ball she wanted to try and take the ball away from them to which she replied, "that's not very nice"! :) So, tonight Malcolm tells me that when the other coach was asking the team some of the rules of the game some of the other kids said things like don't touch the ball, don't kick the ball out of bounds, kick the ball in the net, etc. Madalyn raises her hand, pauses for a few seconds (I guess trying to think of something) and says, "take the ball away from the other team"! I think I will leave the coaching/advice giving to her Daddy! lol I don't have any pictures because our camera is broken! Hopefully, we can use some of our tax return to get a new one! Next soccer game on Monday and I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that Madalyn has a very realistic view of the game! At least she didn't say to knock the other team over or give them a bloody nose to distract them from the game! It could have been much worse, and at least she was right... yaou ARE suppose to take the ball from the other team!

Love you, and our camera is broken too! IT's like we are twins or something.

KK